If your child is turning 5 in 2021 it's time to register for kindergarten! Registration begins on February 1, 2021 and continues until the end of the week on February 5.
To keep everyone safe during COVID-19 we have an online registration option for 2021!
How do I register for kindergarten?
- Enter your primary home address into our school locator to determine your neighbourhood catchment school. Students must register first with their catchment school, regardless of what school they want to attend. The only exceptions are if the child already has an older sibling registered at, and who will be attending in September, one of our elementary schools or if you would like to register for French Immersion.
- Complete the fillable PDF form and email it along with copies of the following required identification documents to satisfy proof of age, address, etc:
If you don't have computer access, you can register in person by contacting the school office to book a time. Please note all our schools require visitors to wear a mask and complete a health check upon arrival.
- Child's birth certificate (Canadian) or proof of citizenship;
- Child's Care Card;
- Proof of current residence (hydro bill, completed purchase/rental agreement, or property tax notice/assessment); and
- Custody agreement, if applicable.
The school office may require you to verify documents by presenting the originals at a later time. Please provide an accurate email address and phone number for parent/guardian contact.
What if I want to register for French Immersion?
Early French Immersion is a district program that is offered at École des Deux Mondes and École Willow Point elementary schools. While parents can indicate a preferred school enrollment is dependent on the availability of space and other staffing considerations. Siblings already in attendance and residential addresses will be taken into consideration when making school assignments.
Complete the fillable PDF form and email it along with copies of the required identification documents (see #2 above).
After registering, families will be informed by the last week of March as to which French Immersion school their child has been assigned to. Families have one week to accept the school assignment or to register their child in the English program at their catchment school.
What if I want to register for Kʷak̓ʷala and Lik̓ʷala Kindergarten?
Families must first register at their catchment school and then complete an expression of interest fillable PDF form. The program requires a minimum of 12 students and accepts a maximum of 20 students. After 20 expressions of interest have been received others will be placed on a wait list.
If you don't have computer access, you can submit an expression of interest in person by contacting the Ripple Rock Elementary school office (250) 850.2035 to book a time.
Parents/guardians will be notified if their child can attend the Kʷak̓ʷala and Lik̓ʷala kindergarten by March 31.
What if I would like my child to learn at home?
Families interested in learning at home with teacher support through our eBlend, distributed learning program should call (250) 923.4918 for more information.
What if I want to apply to a school in a different neighbourhood catchment?
If you are interested in having your kindergarten child attend a school that is not your catchment school, you will need to submit an application for cross catchment transfer form (Form 302-1)
unless you have an older child already attending that school who will still be in attendance in September. Applications must be submitted by February 26, 2021 at 4 p.m. by emailing the completed form to email@example.com
. An application does not guarantee acceptance.
Where can I get more information or help if I run into any difficulties?
For help with the registration process, contact your neighbourhood catchment school
they will be happy to assist!