Utility links
News Item

Cross Catchment Transfers for September 2016

January 11, 2016

​Our school district endeavors to create safe, caring and supportive learning environments in order for all students to experience success. Parents and legal guardians can request a school for their child outside of their neighbourhood catchment school.

In order to request a school other than their neighbourhood catchment school for September 2016, the child must be registered at the catchment school before submitting an Application for Cross Catchment Transfer.

Approval will be dependent upon space and facilities for the program and staffing resources appropriate for the applicant. Applications will be considered based on the date and time that they were received.

It is also important for parents and guardians to consider that, should their application be approved, they will be responsible for providing transportation to and from the school they are applying to, and to and from subsequent levels of schooling, in accordance with our Transportation Policy.

To request a cross catchment transfer for the 2016/2017 school year, parents/guardians must submit an Application for Cross Catchment Transfer form to the School Board Office (425 Pinecrest Road) or by email to student.registration@sd72.bc.ca before 4 p.m. on Friday, February 12, 2016.


February 12The deadline by which a student must submit a form to attend a non-catchment school or district program.

March 31The date by which School District 72 will notify transfer applicants of the status of their application.

Students applying after February 12 will be placed on a wait list that will be reviewed and processed during the first week of school. The student is to continue to attend their present school until they are informed otherwise.

Once an Application for Cross Catchment Transfer has been approved, the student can stay at that school and move to its subsequent feeder school without having to submit additional applications. However, if parents/guardians decide to return their child to their neighbourhood catchment school they must submit another Application for Cross Catchment Transfer.​