Gilakalsa! Welcome! Come as you are. My name is Ms. Danita Lewis and I am Southgate's First Nations teacher.
During the exploratory you will have the opportunity to learn about the following:
- Field Trips
You are expected to arrive on time, use positive language, to treat each other fairly and to bring the following supplies:
- pencil crayons
Only one person speaks at a time unless you are doing group work.
First Nations Studies values the traditional teachings of the Seven Grandfathers:
1. To cherish KNOWLEDGE is to know WISDOM
2. To know LOVE is to know PEACE
3. To honour all of creation/universe is to have RESPECT
4. Bravery is to face the foe with INTEGRITY
5. HONESTY is facing a situation with TRUTH and SINCERITY
6. TRUTH is to know all of these things.