Campbell River School District supports G Suite for Education for students and teachers. G Suite for Education is a free collection of online tools (apps) specifically designed for K-12 schools and universities that can be used for classroom collaboration.
Mobile devices and cloud-based software are becoming increasingly prevalent in our everyday lives. We recognize the value of these technologies as relevant and engaging tools for students to develop digital literacy skills and to amplify quality teaching and learning.
G Suite for Education (GSFE) is a cloud-based solution that enhances teacher-to-teacher, teacher-to-student, and student-to-student communication. The applications in GSFE enable students to work and collaborate with classmates and teachers in a secure, private, online environment.
There is a growing number of educational institutions around the world, from elementary school through to universities that benefit from using GSFE.
The use of GSFE is voluntary and student and/or parental consent is required. Students will not be obliged to use these digital tools and all school activities must allow for and accept alternate means of student participation.
There are many benefits of using G Suite for Education:
- GSFE is completely free for educational institutions.
- It is very easy to collaborate and share learning using GSFE.
- It is available 24/7 provided an internet connection is available.
- Share files/documents with students and collaborate in real time.
- Education accounts have unlimited storage capacity in Google Drive.
- Access to Google Classroom, which is unavailable to public Google accounts.
- GSFE provides numerous security features that have been designed to keep shared files safer and no data mining.
- Reduces paper use and streamlines workflow.
Find out more on the G Suite for Education website.