What is involved with hosting a student?
Homestay Hosts provide a home away from home for our students and we are always seeking new hosts to join our team. All family types are invited to apply to our inclusive and diverse program. From young families, single parents to retirees — the common goal is to create a sense of belonging for each international student.
What hosts need to provide:
- A secure and welcoming home environment
- Parental supervision
- A private bedroom
- Three healthy meals and snacks each day (students can prepare their own breakfast and lunch)
- Secure WIFI connection
There are a variety of important host positions within our program that vary in duration.
We are looking for:
- Respite Hosts: This could be a few weekends during the school year, or several weeks at a time. The role of respite hosts is to provide a secondary avenue of support throughout the school year.
- Semester Hosts: 5 months — a great option for first time hosts or those with seasonal commitments. Semesters run from September - January and February - June.
- Full School Year: 10 months — an immersive way to provide and share a cultural experience, offer stability, and make a difference in an exchange student's life.