Skip to main content
image description

How to Get Help with a Concern

Your child's education is extremely important. If you are concerned about something at your child's school we want to help.

Use this step-by-step approach to have your concerns heard and addressed.

How to Get Help with a Concern.png

Step 1: Start with the person(s) whose action has caused the issue or concern.

Step 2: If the issue is not resolved, contact the school principal. 

Step 3: If the issue is still not resolved, contact the associate superintendents' office at (250) 830.2325 Monday-Friday until 1 p.m. or (250) 830.2302 Monday-Friday after 1 p.m. 

Step 4: If the issue remains unresolved, you can request the involvement of the superintendent.

Step 5: For some situations, parents and students can appeal a decision to the Board of Education. A copy of the appeal process can be downloaded as a PDF from our Board Governance Policies and Bylaws webpage or by contacting the school board office at (250) 830.2300.

Step 6: If concerns still remain, in limited circumstances, a board decision can be appealed to the provincial superintendent of appeals. Details are here.

image description
Back to top