Information to Schools
Requests for Advertising or Distribution of Materials to Schools
Many community individuals, groups and other organizations approach the school district and/or schools requesting to distribute information to students, parents and employees. The district feels that there should be control over the type and amount of information distributed to schools.
The superintendent may allow for advertising and distribution of materials under OP 149 Advertising, Canvassing and Distribution of Materials in Schools. Please review this operational procedure and the information below prior to submitting your request.
- Requests to advertise or distribute materials must be reviewed by the office of the superintendent.
- Organizations must submit the information that they are requesting for distribution as a PDF file.
- Distribution of materials will be limited during "peak" times and may not displace district business. therefore, materials may not be distributed particularly during the end of June, last week of August and the first two weeks of September.
- Even after approval, the decision of whether or not to distribute materials, when to distribute, and which distribution channels are used, ultimately remains with the school in consideration of school business.
- Information distribution is typically sent out every two to three weeks to schools. Therefore, items should be submitted no less than 30 days prior to your event/deadline date.
- If the request is for materials to be sent home with students, once approved, the organization is required to provide enough copies for the intended distribution, packaged by class and school.
- Requests received during July/August for events that take place during those months will not be distributed as schools are not in session.
Click here to submit a request if you feel your organization meets the criteria noted in the operational procedure outlined.
By submitting this information you agree to the terms and conditions outlined above, in OP 149, and other related SD72 policies and operational procedures.