Skip to main content
image description

Student Records

A record of a student's final marks from kindergarten through grade 12 is called a permanent student record (PSR).

School districts keep the PSR for current students at the public school the student is currently attending. After a student graduates or leaves school, the PSR is kept for 55 years by the school district of the last public school the student attended.


A transcript is an official document that shows your secondary school marks and credits in a British Columbia graduation program. It is a listing of a student's academic record relating to a BC graduation program, which includes courses completed successfully, grades earned, honours received, and graduation status. Your transcript, not your graduation certificate (diploma), is the legal document proving graduation.

Official transcripts can be obtained from the Ministry of Education or your graduating school. In the case that your graduating school has since been closed, transcripts can be obtained from the school board office by calling (250) 830.2300.

Personal Education Numbers (PEN)

Your nine-digit PEN can be found on your report card or student records. To obtain your PEN, please contact the Ministry of Education.

CRA or Legal Requests

Requests for proof of guardianship, address verification and/or student attendance verification as required by the CRA or other legal requests should be directed to the school your child attended during the time period specified.

image description
Back to top